POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : POV Ray How Tos : Re: POV Ray How Tos Server Time
18 May 2024 21:38:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Ray How Tos
From: Harold Baize
Date: 8 Mar 2002 13:07:08
Message: <3c88fdcc@news.povray.org>
Hmmm, I bought three or four Waite Group books, but none
had "Bible" in the title. I liked "Image Lab", that had nice scientific
and creative "mad scientist" associations.

Here is another reason not to use the Bible title. Typically
a "Bible" text is produced for something the buyer is already
using, but the reality is that most people who are potential
buyers have never heard of POV-Ray, so they would not
see a need for a bible. Rather, they might be interested in a
comprehensive introduction. Somehow it needs to convey
both the all encompassing definitive information source of a
bible, yet be novice friendly.

Maybe we could have a title contest :-)

Harolddd

"Mitchell Waite" <mit### [at] dnaicom> wrote in message
> If you do some research on Amazon you'll find that I was the first
publisher
> to use the word Bible in a computer book. Its almost synonymous with Waite
> Group. I also pioneered the How To line, as well as Primers, Papers,
Tricks